Friday, August 17

Fireside Boy's Cardi finished

Finally took some pics of a sweater my son requested back in early Spring. When it cools off outside I'll put the buttons on.

Friends, it has pockets!

One reason I tend to crochet toys is he hates wearing sweaters. So when he requested a crocheted sweater, even picking out the yarns and colors from my stash, I got right to it.
Burly Bias necktie.

I winged it (maybe you can tell). It was my first time using basic tunisian crochet stitches for the modified drop sleeves. They feel soft and cozy and drape so nicely! The fun-to-do color pattern was inspired by Stitchdiva's 3-Color Tunisian. Here it is in one of my newest designs, Burly Bias!


The overall silhouette of this sweater makes me think of a '50's summer camp jacket. If there were some orangey or brown tones in place of the white, I think it would look even more so. That's why I'm calling it "Fireside Cardi". (The white ends up giving it a Christmasy look.)

He loves dragons, volcanoes, fiery reds, fireworks, etc. This inspired me to experiment with stitches that might look like spiky flames.

He also loves angora and found a partial ball of Tahki Jolie (the white stripes). It's the same yarn I used for this bunny and this teacher's gift. Not easy to find angora in fiery colors.

Other yarns used are: Karabella Aurora 8, S. Charles Collezione Victoria, Caron Simply Soft, Red Heart Plush, and Lion Brand Wool-Ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment